Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Counting the Omer with Visual Journaling - Day 29


Today is the 29th day, making four weeks and one day of the Omer.  Today we start the week of Hod.  "Presence - Gratitude" according to Rabbi Yael Levy.  "Humility and Splendor" according to Rabbi Simon Jacobson.  I like all of it.  I would drive myself crazy if I consulted more than my two tried and true sources.  I'm already wondering if you have to be an obsessional nutcase to keep track of where we are on this journey.

Today is Love within Presence, or Lovingkindness in Humility.  

The writing listing things that make me happy around the frame of the page was done spontaneously and somewhat mindlessly.  The person who suggested the exercise said, "you never know when you might use it."  She was right.  I have used it in a variety of ways, this page of the Omer Journal being one of them.  Excerpts: "green sprouts in Spring, daffodils, snow melting, Stan Brakhage's movies, vivid colors, a vegetable garden with ripe corn and tomatoes, paint brushes well used drying by the sink, rocks, a beautifully set table..."   It seemed to be the right frame for Gratitude and Presence.



No comments: