Monday, April 22, 2013

Counting the Omer with Visual Journaling - Day 28


Today is the 28th day, making four weeks of the Omer.  The Flow of Eternity:  Shechina within Netzach.  Or, Nobility in Endurance:  Malchut of Netzach.  

On the left page I quoted some of the day's thought from Rabbi Yael Levy's Counting the Omer, A Journey Through the Wilderness.  "We remember our grandparents, our great grandparents and all those whose actions have helped us to create our lives.  And we remind ourselves that we, right now, are shaping the world for those who will someday call us ancestors."
 

The image is a copy of a photo etching I did a number a years ago, that includes a picture of my grandmother, my mother's handwriting showing her mother's dates as 1874-1952, a footprint from my own birth certificate, and Hebrew fragments from the Kaddish, the mourner's prayer.

 

No comments: