Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Counting the Omer with Visual Journaling - Day 43



Today is the 43rd day, making six weeks and one day of the Omer.  Love within Divine Presence / Lovingkindness in Nobility:  Chesed within Malchut / Shechina.  We're in the home stretch!  The final week, this week of Malchut / Shechina, is a week of integration.

Rabbi Simon Jacobson says "Sovereignty - the last of the seven attributes - is different from the previous six.  It is a state of being rather than an activity... When love, discipline, compassion, endurance, and humility are properly channeled into the psyche through bonding, the result is malchut."

My system of visual journaling had to shift here in 2011, since I was doing it from bed, unable to navigate the stairs to my studio on crutches with my broken foot.  It was OK for my visual system to change and simplify. At the time, I was doing the visual journal just for myself and didn't imagine others would ever see it.  The important thing was to keep counting.



No comments: