When I took my clay monoprints over to Sweet Mabel Gallery a few days ago for my current exhibit, these two were not included. They are "in the collection of the artist."
The first is called "Mystery." It is indeed a mystery to me. The full sheet wasn't successful and I had mixed feelings about it. I decided to take a 12" x 12" crop to make a clay monoprint tile i.e. to mount it on mat board so that it can hang without being under glass. To include both the feather and the dragonfly, I got a 12" x 12" composition that I wouldn't likely have otherwise chosen, and I like it.
This was my first use of a new hamsa stencil, and it fit well in the space. I first used gold acrylic, forgetting that acrylic doesn't work with the substrate used in clay monoprinting unless it is liquid acrylic. I waited for it to dry and tried brown watercolor on top of it. By this time it felt like all was lost, so I might as well experiment. A third coat of liquid acrylic gold on top finished it in a way I didn't expect. I love it. It sits on the bookshelf in my office where I look at it often.
This second one is called "Self-Portrait with Hat," and it hangs in my studio. I honestly don't know how I did it. I am grateful for the spontaneous and unexpected nature of clay monoprinting. It keeps me open to surprise.