Sunday, May 5, 2013

Counting the Omer with Visual Journaling - Day 41


Today is the 41st day, making five weeks and six days of the Omer.  Foundation within Foundation / Bonding within Bonding:  Yesod within Yesod.

In 2011 this day marked a major shift in my visual journal.  I had fallen down a basement step the morning after I got home from the Jewish Mindfulness retreat in Arizona (on Chesed within Yesod,) - not very mindful of me! On the 41st day I found out my foot was fractured and ligaments were torn.  The image on the left is the outline of a flipflop.  Ironically, the quote for the day by Rabbi Yael Levy is "In integrity, I am supported.  In alignment, I stand before all that is hidden."  Psalm 41:13.  "Here we stand, with reverence and awe, our roots firmly planted within the Mystery."  I was on crutches.

This year, because of the synergy of the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training group at Temenos Retreat Center, I was able to make a Community Suit SoulCollage® card for my brother, who died 23 years ago.  I could not have done it if alone.




The image of the man is not actually him, but metaphorically conveys something about his essence.  It was made on the 39th day, Shabbat, Eternity within Connection, Endurance in Bonding:  Netzach within Yesod.  The grace of the moment allowed for a crack in the wall between us to let in a small beam of light, affirming our enduring bonding across eternity.  Our arms reach out for each other, and we affirm our continuing love and connection.












No comments: