Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Counting the Omer with Visual Journaling - Day 30


Today is the 30th day, making four weeks and two days of the Omer.  Strength within Presence / Discipline in Humility:  Gevurah within Hod.

I just came from the second class in a series of three on Torah and Hasidism, taught by Eugene Sotirescu.  My head is spinning.  He connected a brief passage of Torah with a Hasidic Master's commentary on it, and then a passage from the Zohar regarding the same text.  The Zohar is the foundational work of Jewish mysticism and Kabbalah, only now finally getting a good English translation.  Oy vey as they say.  It was difficult, it was fun, it was opaque, it was a puzzle.

I found myself remembering that I had done a mixed media piece years ago using a partially squeezed tube of Zohar Kosher Toothpaste.  I must have either sold it or given it away - I don't have it anymore.  I came home tonight wanting more Zohar Kosher Toothpaste!  I googled it.  The company still exists, but it is British. And they make other products too. The prices were in pounds, and I can't imagine the shipping costs. I don't even remember where or how I got that tube of Zohar Kosher Toothpaste long ago.  Looks like it will be my only one...


Toothpaste
Steel wool soap pads 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There is a reason that sometimes the Sefirot, the Tree of Life, is shown upside down with its roots in the sky!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: