Friday, July 21, 2017

Gratitude: A new story plate



This is my recently finished story plate, titled Gratitude.  The silkscreened image is from a photograph I took when the Philadelphia Museum of Art re-opened its Eastern wing.  





The silkscreened image is actually baked into the clay.  It is not collaged on top of it.  This is in contrast to my earlier story plate, Ambivalence:




In Ambivalence, the vintage photograph and gold lapel pin are collaged on to the plate, with a final layer of encaustic.  

The mylar image of my photograph that was used to make the silk screen is here collaged to a clay monoprint:


I also silkscreened the image of the person meditating on to a clay monoprint:

 

I like the circle around the person's head, as well as the vine growing in the lace beneath. 



















No comments: