Wednesday, January 4, 2017

SOLD 2.0




This  2.0 version of SOLD is done now.  I'm not sure if I liked it better when it was simpler.  I just know I felt a need to add the 'red tape' and some iridescent oil pastel, as well as a tape measure edging.  The red tape (which comes in red, white, and mauve), is part of the batch given to the Philadelphia Dumpster Divers by the National Archives.  It was actually once used to tie up documents.


It was definitely simpler without all the red tape.  This is from my post on December 19, 2016:

"Today the electors are annointing Donald Trump as our next president, despite the overwhelming popular vote for Hillary Clinton.  The efforts at recount and the small groups of demonstrators at state houses where the electors are voting, don't make any difference.  I just finished this piece, "SOLD", as a small act of protest and resistance.  The gold in the background is genuine gold leaf.  Only the best for the international oligarchs. Much could be said.  I will let SOLD speak for itself."



Hopefully SOLD will continue to speak for itself.




No comments: