Monday, December 2, 2013

An iPad Drawing Class? Yes!


I keep making resolutions to do more sketching, and then I don't.  I just took the plunge and signed up for an iPad Drawing class at Fleisher Art Memorial.  Maybe I'll draw more consistently if it is digital. Maybe I'm out of my mind.  I downloaded the apps, hoping to have time to explore them before class starts.  The description was just too seductive.  It called to me:

The iPad packs in everything you need to be creative on the go; it’s like having an art studio at your fingertips. While it can’t replace the brushes and pencils we know and love, the iPad art applications can supplement your practice by allowing you to sketch, paint, prototype, and even annotate your photos. Come learn how to incorporate the iPad into your studio practice with help from instructor Jeff Dion.

Jeff   is an instructor at Moore College of Art and Design where he has integrated the iPad into curriculum including Life Drawing and Figure Painting. Jeff will demonstrate several apps to show you how to achieve different results including ASKetch, Sketchbook Pro, ArtRage and Adobe Photoshop Touch.

    This workshop will have live models for figure drawing in the last two weeks, your tuition includes the model fee.
    Image: Jeff Dion, iPad painting

 
I can't believe I just signed up for a class that runs from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. in South Philly.  I'll brave the night driving and tiredness. I must really want this. It's only a four week class.  The description says "All levels welcome".  I can do this.  










No comments: