Sunday, April 11, 2010

Janet Cooling: Still Life Meditations



Janet Cooling describes these mixed-media works on paper as grounding meditations that represent infinity. It was fun to document both these recent paintings and the dialogue with her about them.

I have footage of Janet and various phases of her painting from 1997 onward. I hope to digitize it and edit it into several YouTube videos, now that I finally have a new iMac. Today I got an updated firewire cable, thinking I would then be able to import it. (The old cable didn't fit the new computer.) For some reason only a few minutes of it imported... Yikes. I'll solve this yet.

When I first started documenting Janet's work, there was only linear video editing, no funding, and I had never heard of YouTube, if it even existed. Now we have easy digital editing, no need for funding, and YouTube! All I need is to get it to work. And get to work...


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

khulud khamis said...

looking forward to it!

Susan Richards said...

Thanks for the encouragement Khulud! Sometimes it feels overwhelming. I need to have a realistic timeframe, given that I'm closing up my psychotherapy practice, and we're packing up the house, and getting ready to move to Philadelphia.