Sunday, May 12, 2013

Counting the Omer with Visual Journaling - Day 48


Today is the 48th day, making six weeks and six days of the Omer.  Foundation within Majesty / Bonding in Nobility:  Yesod of Malchut.  In 2011, by today I was off crutches for my broken foot and able to get to my studio, so returned to the template of circles on the watercolor background, with collage on the left page. 

It is interesting to me that whether I am consulting Rabbi Simon Jacobson or Rabbi Yael Levy, from year to year different passages regarding each day stand out for me.  In 2011 I wrote the line from Rabbi Levy for the 48th day, "We give thanks for what our lives have revealed."  This year I am struck by the preceding two lines:  "We give thanks for our teachers and guides.  We give thanks for all we have learned."  The big night of learning is the 50th day, Shavuot (Shavuos) - an all night learningfest.  Here we are giving thanks in advance, perhaps for the teachers and guides who helped to prepare us, for whatever openness and receptivity we are able to bring to a moment of Revelation.  


No comments: