Saturday, March 30, 2013

Counting the Omer with Visual Journaling - Day 5



Today's quality is Humility within Lovingkindness, Presence within Love:  Hod within Chesed.  On the left page of my journal I glued an Omer counting aid from a 1986 Jewish calendar, one of many I have saved because of their wonderful photographs and images.  I had colored in only eleven of the forty-nine barley sheaves.  In 2011 I wrote "Whoops.  In 1986 I lost count.  It happens."  "Intention counts."  "Forgiveness of oneself."

This year I am aware that tomorrow at dawn Christians around the world will celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  This evening we watched 5 BROKEN CAMERAS, an Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary Feature.  http://www.kinolorber.com/5brokencameras/.  "Shot by Palestinian farmer Emad Burnat, who bought his first camera in 2005 to record the birth of his youngest son, Gibreel, the film was co-directed by Burnat and Guy Davidi, an Israeli filmmaker. 5 BROKEN CAMERAS is a Palestinian-Israeli-French co-production. 

I'm not sure how the confluence of Passover and Easter, and watching a documentary filmed by a Palestinian Muslim co-directed with an Israeli filmmaker, seen through the eyes of a child, relates to Humility within Love, Hod within Chesed.  I think the eyes of a child holds a key...


No comments: