Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Jewel of a Museum in Newark!



I couldn't stop watching this installation by Andrew Demirjian called "Morning Light".  I don't know how long the loop was, but every time I looked it was different.  He used more than twenty unwanted televisions.  I've seen these kind just sitting by the roadside..

It is part of the NJ Arts Annual, called Ready Or Not, with work by 40 New Jersey-based artists.  It wasn't why I went to the Newark Museum today, and I wasn't ready for it!  What a total surprise and treat!













I got carried away.  I couldn't help myself.  I'd leave, go to another gallery, come back - and see something I hadn't seen before.  The blurb said all kinds of stuff about examining excessive consumption and an analogy to elderly humans in a capitalist culture.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  For me it was about sheer visual beauty!






No comments: